Are the NEX's Made in Japan, I Hope So?

Started Nov 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
tunafish
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Re: Are the NEX's Made in Japan, I Hope So?
In reply to Jerry Canon, Nov 26, 2010

Are you satisfied with the geography and economic lessons so far ?

The reason why some of the high priced models are still made in Japan is just it, because they are high priced and beyond the reach of the general snappers. If a Nex were to be made in Japan, price will be 100 % higher. Will you still be interested ?

As many posters have mentioned, Sony's got extremely big, modern factories in Thailand putting these cameras together ( 2 factories ) They have their own Japanese management, Japanese technicians, Japanese QC controlling the entire operation. What comes out of these factories are according to Sony standards. What they only need from Thailand are the highly skilled but low paid line workers. In case you are not aware, the minimum salary for an assembly line worker in one of these factories earns somewhere between US7.00 to US10.00 per 8 hours and I am being generous. It's even lower in countries like Vietnam or Indonesia or Bangladesh or India or Cambodia and certain areas of China.

How many low priced, cheap products do you see in Walmart that are made in USA or a developed country ?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow