Started Nov 25, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marcellino-NSG
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Lens Barrell - LEICA D-Lux 5
Nov 25, 2010

I was wondering if any other owner of the LEICA D-Lux series also experienced this:

When switching on the camera, the lens barrel slides out pretty quickly. Having grown up with a DSLR, I frequently forget to remove the cup. The camera then makes a slight lens movement as if the lens was trying to force its way out, then of course it stops and there is a message on the LCD saying Remove the cup, or something in that fashion...

Would anybody know by any chance if by repeating this rather stupid procedure about 5-10 times I might have caused some malfunction to the lens motor or optics?

thanks for any insight.

NB BTW, you might have noticed this too: the lens of this camera "clicks" when zooming in and out. I just learned in the very end of the manual that this is normal and not a malfunction. It is caused by "the opening and closing the aperture due to radical changes in lighting when the focal length is changed from wideangle to telephoto and back..."

NB2 anyway, it still is a bit weird - when zooming in and out during recording a video, the camera still makes that sound. What is worse, the sound is recorded by the pretty sensitive camera microphone. So anytime you are recording a video, when trying to zoom in or out you've got those click sounds mixed with your scene audio ... > > fascinating
--

"There are no rules for good photographs. There are only good photographs." Ansel Adams

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow