ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?
Should I buy the NX10 or the Panny GF1?
Nov 24, 2010

Here's I see the break down between the two potential buys for me:

Image quality, performance, and features are all adequate in both cameras for me. The only differences I find are that the NX10 has an EVF, better screen, and better handling while the GF1 has a still good screen, adequate handling and as a plus I'm familiar with Panasonic UI's and external controls.

To me, having the EVF stuck on the NX10 doesn't make it that much bigger than the GF1- they're both the same size to the point of being jacket pocketable or bag-able (any opinions on how big the size difference is? That's just my speculation; I don't really know)

...with the pancake lenses of course. My only problem is that I haven't found any retailer, store or online, that sells the NX10 with the pancake lens. I either have to waste money on the kit lens and then buy the pancake lens or buy a more expensive dual lens kit with the kit lens and the pancake, which is out of my budget for now. Plus, I would not be using the kit lens much anyway, so I don't want to pay for it. However, I HAVE found the NX10 around 500 bucks which is a great deal for me....although the pancake still costs an extra 300.

Meanwhile, I have found the gF1 with just the pancake lens for about 600 bucks...

In the future, I would really want just a pancake and a telephoto lens; I don't want to waste money on those kit zoom lenses because I'll probably never use them.

Any advice/opinions on which to buy in my case and or opinions on the cameras' sizes and anything else I should know?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow