license for one-time editorial use

Started Nov 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
Richard Katris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,419Gear list
Like?
Along the same line.....free image usage..free books or magazines.....
In reply to Ashley Morrison Photography, Nov 24, 2010

I am often approached by education publishers who tell me that they are too poor to pay for usage...and have countered recently with an idea that occurred to me as I have a daughter in college...."so....you want 6 pictures for your text book....OK....give me 12 copies of the book when it is published,and you don't have to pay me for the usage." (then I will list them up on ebay..and the University bulletin board and get about the right amount of money for the usages....) Have you priced college texts lately???!!!?? Not sure about a magazine ....you might have a harder time selling them....but it is a thought....hey with 50 or 100 copies of the magazine you could at least give them out to your friends as gifts.... It also places the ball in their court...they don't value your work....you value theirs in a similar manner...maybe they might get the message w/o your saying it... If their time and work is worth $, so is yours.
--
Richard Katris aka Chanan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow