Started Nov 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CampbellDarkroom
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Why all these blurry images?!
Nov 24, 2010

I recently switched from a Canon Rebel XTI to a Canon 60D. I thought I was upgrading.

I primarily shoot natural light headshots and portraits, so for good DOF, I prefer to shoot in the 200-300mm range. I use a Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6, which served me very well with the Rebel. (ie: no problems that I couldn't solve quickly and easily.) Now, mounted on my 60D, EVERY SINGLE IMAGE I shoot is unacceptably BLURRY. The quality of sharpness is slightly better in Manual, but not worth the extra time wasted focusing. I might as well go back to shooting 35mm film if I'm going to have to do that - I'm sure to get better image quality and bokeh.

I've looked everywhere for clues on how to fix this problem. I'm getting close to selling my 60D, which is exactly a week old today, and going back to an XTI, because this is a problem that will sink my business faster than the Titanic. Any ideas? Be brutally honest - I want GREAT images!

Hillary
--
http://www.campbelldarkroom.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow