Started Nov 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
criscokkat
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
First day shooting with 60D - Football and night scenes
Nov 23, 2010

I just got my 60D last week after having a theft of my t2i I've had most of the summer (and all my lenses and my macbook that was all in the trunk of my car!)

I decided to take advantage of a great sale last week and replaced a good chunk of my loss, but I really didn't have time to play with it much since I was preparing for a week with family.

I bought the 60D kit with an extra 55-250 lens, and the 430ex & 50mm 1.4 lens.

My first real day shooting included a University of Louisville football game, a family visit with wireless flash use and some shots outside on a really warm evening in Louisville.

Feedback appreciated!

This one is a shot of Louisville's new coach, who has his work cut out for him with a bare cupboard this year. For some reason the "my gallery" exporter for lightroom didn't export lens information. 55-250mm

This pic is a prime reason I have decided I need purchase a small pocketable wide angle lens. I couldn't carry any bags into the stadium, and 55-250 isn't wide on a crop camera. This is the new addition to Papa Johns Cardinal stadium, the "UPS Flight Deck". I had no trouble with this lens tracking the plane at all, this was the best shot (but not wide enough!)

This is what Louisvile did most of the day. No real offense this season. 55-250mm

At least Coach Strong and his staff have been able to improve the defense greatly. This is what West Virginia had to deal with all day. 55-250

Just your average family get together photograph, but it was also my first shoot ever using a wireless off camera flash. 50mm 1.4 lens

My son loves watching skateboarders and freestyle bikes so we stopped by one of the premiere city parks in the country for that. I left the 50mm 1.4 on the camera while walking around the park.

Not the best shot ever, but I really wanted to show why I am quickly falling in love with this lens. I used to have a Pentax k100d and I missed the creamy bokeh of the Pentax 50mm lens. Before I had my t2i stolen, I had the cheapo 50mm 1.8 lens, and I hated the fact you could see the aperture blade shape on every out of focus lightsource. Love this new 50mm 1.4 lens!

Fast moving clouds and a full moon allowed a few interesting shots with the 50mm 1.4...

All and All it was a fun first day! I think I'm going to really love this camera!!!

-Chris

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow