Started Nov 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
leisurefix
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
New Canon 9000, or secondhand Epson 2880
Nov 23, 2010

Please can you offer some advice over chossing an A3+ printer. I am looking to get a photo printer for occasional home use. I expect to be printing pictures of landscapes (possibly a few panoramas), flowers, and abstracts of textures (bark, stone etc). My wife will probably ask for a few portraits to be printed.

The Canon 9000 is currently available for about £230 after rebate. This printer will be new and so have a full warranty. It uses dye inks which I have read have less chance of drying out, but is limited to what media it will print on. Panoramas are limited in length to 39.75" if I remember rightly.

The Epson 2880 goes for around the £250 to £300 price mark, will be second hand and so have no warranty. The printer uses pigment ink, which has slightly longer life and can print to a wider variety of media, it is also capable of printing a longer panorama than the Epson, as it does not have the limit of print length.

Would other pros & cons are there of each printer?

Which would you choose, and which would you recommend? Or is there are 3rd option to I should also consider?

Many thanks,
Andy.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow