ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ddave328i
Regular MemberPosts: 443
Like?
license for one-time editorial use
Nov 19, 2010

hello all,

I received this email yesterday and wanted to know is this generally a "free" (you get the credit) for the image, or should I expect to get a few $$ for the use..?

See below for the letter sent:

Hello,

My name is XXX XXXXXX, and I am an art intern at Seattle Met magazine. We are doing an upcoming article on weekend trips throughout the Pacific Northwest, and kite boarding at the Columbia River Gorge is going to be mentioned. I noticed you have a nice photo of it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3md-studio-jp/501637060/

I’m interested in possibly using it in our publication. Would you be willing to license it to us for one-time editorial use? As we are still researching images for the article, I cannot guarantee that your photo will be in the magazine. However, if it is, you will receive full credit for the image and a complimentary issue of the magazine

If you are interested please call me at 206-xxx-2234 ext. xxx, or email me at xxxxxxxx@seattlemet.com Please respond to my seattlemet.com email address rather than through flickr mail, as I check my work email more regularly. Also, please indicate your flickr tag in the email as it is often difficult for me to match your actual name to the flickr username.

The sooner you can get back to me the better, since we’re working on deadline.

Thanks! Again, great photo.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow