Started Nov 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Klobie Photo
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
All Read - No more manuals from Panasonic
Nov 18, 2010

I recently purchased a DMC-ZS7 and discovered that the operation manual was a “simplified” manual. The fully detailed manual was only available on the CD. I contacted Panasonic and asked them to send me the fully detailed manual. They told me that it was not available and I’d have to print it out. That was not an acceptable option, so I continued calling and finally got a person who offered to send me a printed copy. It sounded good, but I soon discovered that it was printed in the 8 ½ x 11” size. I like to carry the manual in my camera bag, so a large copy is useless.

I’ve also found out that beginning with the 2011 models, Panasonic no longer will supply the fully detailed manual with any models, even their “G” series SLR type cameras. Maybe this is for cost savings?

Do others like to carry the manual in their camera bags? Would not being able to obtain the printed manual in the small format make you buy another camera brand? I think Panasonic reads this forum, so we all should sound off so they will hopefully change their decision.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow