ColorMunki Profiling HELP

Started Nov 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Random101
Random101 New Member • Posts: 3
ColorMunki Profiling HELP

New to this forum and generally inexperienced with them in general; have a question, and I would appreciate being pointed in the direction, or better yet, provided an answer.

It is regarding color profiling, I just can't seem to get on paper what I'm seeing on the screen; in an effort to correct this and keep myself from wishing a plague upon both the my computer's and my printer's houses I bought a Color Munki Photo. I've profiled both the monitor and the printer/paper, but still things are not good. When I apply the printer/paper profile created by ColorMunki the photos come out dark and over-saturated. From what I've been able to read on- line it seems to be because the printer management, ie ColorSync, is not being shut off. It's hard to believe that I'm alone with this problem. Specifically, I have the following equipment:

Computer: iMac, Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X 10.5.8
Software through which I'm trying to print: Photoshop Elements 6
Printer: Canon Pro 9000 MkII
ColorMunki Photo 1.1.1

I don't think that it is related, but I use a K10 set to DNG and adobeRBG.

Color Munki seems to generate the profiles and save them appropriately, but I think I'm having trouble turning ColorSyn off. When I choose Elements to manage the profile, the Options, ColorSync/Vendor, in the print driver section, ColorMatching, are greyed out with the default being ColorSyn; which my understanding leaves me to believe is wrong.

Can anyone who knows what they are doing PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. PLEEEASE!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow