Started Nov 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johnparas11zenfoliodotcom
Senior MemberPosts: 2,193Gear list
Like?
can the s95 be improved?
Nov 18, 2010

what would you like improved on the S95?

..I heard the video doesn't zoom while recording... I wish it did.

.. the flash is on the body and is not a pop up?

.. actually I was considering a compact point and shoot (I have the G10 and Lecia DL4- aside from Nikon DSLRs- D90 and D3100) ..

I was gravitating towards a Canon SD940... I want a camera that compact.. as you can see the G10 and DL4 are not "compact" enough..

but when I tested my SD card on the SD940, the pictures..well..I was not really impressed..with the IQ.. well, you see, maybe I am so used to the G10 and DL4 (panasonic LX3 I know) on a point and shoot and I was expecting the SD940 to have similar IQ as the G10... you know they are both Canons ..

so ..the S95 was suggested.. but the price and of course the things I said above.. kinda puts me still in the fence.. I really don;t need a compact camera-- if you guys know what I mean..I just want one-- for those times I don;t want to be bring an DL4 (with it's protruding lens barrel) or the G10 with its big size..with the 2 part leather case.. even if the bottom case is the only one attached.. it is still big..

so Any other S95 contenders? -- I seem to be liking this camera..but any other makers that will have similar comapactness? The LX5 is "Big" already".. and same goes for the Nikon P7000

johnparas11zenfoliodotcom's gear list:johnparas11zenfoliodotcom's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D90 Nikon D300S Pentax Q Olympus PEN E-P3 +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow