Started Nov 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PIX SHOOTER
Senior MemberPosts: 1,442
Like?
HP Inkjet Printer class action settlement
Nov 17, 2010

Anyone get an email regarding this? I have been going round and round with HP since last week over my Photosmart C7280 that died. It is under warranty but I am weary of the refurb (C309A) they want to replace it with. I am reading lots of bad reviews...especially gulping inks. Both printers are included in the class action. From what I read HP wants to settle quick and give customers a credit from $2.00 to $6.00 dollars. Check out the link see if your past or present printer is included. https://www.hpinkjetprintersettlement.com/

Seems there are 3 separate lawsuits involved.

1. Ciolino v. HP

This lawsuit claims that certain HP inkjet printers used “low on ink” messaging technology to indicate that replacement of a cartridge is needed when the cartridge is not empty and is capable of additional printing, and that this technology confused customers into prematurely replacing their inkjet cartridges. HP denies all these claims.
2. Rich v. HP

In this lawsuit, plaintiffs claim that certain HP color inkjet printers used color ink in addition to black ink when printing black text and images without disclosing this to consumers and without providing consumers with the option of disabling this feature, that HP misrepresented and/or failed to disclose the actual page yield for the products at issue (including the true basis for the page yield and cost per page information provided to consumers), and that HP failed to disclose its use of color ink when printing black in connection with stating its page yields. HP denies all these claims.
3. Blennis v. HP

This lawsuit claims that HP designed certain of its inkjet printers and cartridges to shut down on an undisclosed expiration date, and that at this point consumers are prevented from using the ink that remains in the expired cartridge and from using all of the printer’s functions until the expired cartridge is replaced. HP denies all these claims.

Would like to hear some input on this from members, especially HP owners.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow