Started Nov 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RodluvanII
Senior MemberPosts: 1,509Gear list
Like?
Help me set a price!
Nov 17, 2010

I know, don't you just hate these questions?

First off, I'm fully aware how to set a price for products, I run a small business with manufacturing and semi finished products. So, in essence, that's what I do all day.

However, on my spare time I love photographing. I've built up a collection of photos over the years. Now, a person wants to use one of my photos as a wall paper, in his shop. It's not a huge shop, they're in fact just starting out. They'll pay for the prepress, printing, set up etc, I just have to provide the digital file.

Now, I have no clue how to go about naming a price for this. The cost for me is 0, since I never took the photo with the intent to sell it. It is my hobby. However, from an ethnical point of view I feel I need to set a price as not to flood the market with free photos, potentially making it harder for real photographers so make a living (I'm sure I'm no big threat, but every little drop...).

So, do you have any idea what this should cost?

EDIT: Sorry, I may have posted this in totally the wrong forum.

RodluvanII's gear list:RodluvanII's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/28 ZM Carl Zeiss C Biogon T* 2,8/35 ZM +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$50New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow