ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeffrey P. Kempster
Contributing MemberPosts: 665
Like?
Talk me out of this... Or not...
Nov 17, 2010

Ok,

So I am going on a cruise soon to the Panama Canal. This will be my fourth cruise. This is what I want to do. I don't want to buy any more lenses. It seems like I just feel pressure to buy buy buy when I go on these trips.

So this is what I would like to do. Take as little as possible and try to not buy anything. I have a D700 so that is going. I also have the 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8 but those are huge and I don't really want to carry all that around. I have a 24-85 3.5-4.5 afs, a 50mm 1.4 and a 70-300 VR.

I really would just like to take the D700 and the 50mm 1.4 and that is it!!! We photographers are always talking about how the 50mm forces us to move around and take different shots. Is it time I took some of my own advice. But will I feel bad if I don't take some of the others.

My first instinct was to go buy the new 24-120 VR and take it and my 50mm but man that lens is expensive and not too small in its own right.

Thanks for your opinions,
Jeff

-- hide signature --

Jeffrey P. Kempster
http://www.jeffkempster.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow