Started Nov 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vicariousgeorge
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
D7000 autofocus stops working
Nov 17, 2010

I just picked up my D7000 recently. Actually, the first one had dead pixels, so I opted to return it for a new one.

I have a 35mm f1.8 that I use as my main lens. Last night, the camera's AF wouldn't work. (no assist light either). I tried to move the lens a tiny bit, but there is absolutely no play in it whatsoever. I ended up removing it and then remounting it, which fixed the issue.

Today, when I turned my camera on, once again the AF wouldn't work. I removed and remounted, and it fixed the issue.

I have tried to duplicate the problem, but no matter how much I pull/twist/push the lens, I can't get it to happen again. Since the lens is a very tight fit, I have a feeling that this is not related to the contacts. It's almost as if the camera is forgetting that there is an AF lens attached to it, and it has to be "reminded" by remounting it.

One thing I noticed is that both times this happened, it was immediately after removing the camera from a snug camera bag. Is it possible that one of the dials or switches shuts off the autofocus if it is adjusted while the camera is off? I know this seems far fetched, but I figured I'd throw that out there.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow