Started Nov 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gcvikas
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
Ancient K100D does fashion
Nov 15, 2010

I have been a relatively quiet reader of this forum since 2006. About 6 months ago I decided I should go professional. (hahahahaha with a K100D?? Yes! ) I must say I particularly admire (and get inspired by) the work of Kesha on this forum!

A local modeling agency in Pune, India (where I live) organized a contest for fashion photographers and I decided to participate.

I had a K100D along with the lenses:

• Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 APO DG Macro (which turned out to be my most often used lens)

• Sigma 30 f1.4 (This one works for me best in low light situations involving groups of people which I will post in another thread later)

• the kit lens

I really wished I had either a 70-200 f2.8 or the pentax 50-135 f2.8 to isolate my subjects! The other photographers came in with their Nik0n D300s and 5D Mark IIs and of course, I was the only Pentaxian there.

To control blown highlights and get good saturation I mostly set EV compensation to -0.7 and sometimes even more. I had a friend assist me with a California sunbounce and that helped a lot. I then used LR2 to process the snaps.

I hope to get the K-5 when the price drops!

Here are some of the snaps from the shoot

I saw a lot of desaturated snaps shot by the photographers in a previous contest and I was very bored of the desaturated look (having myself dabbled with it quite a bit). So I thought this time I shall go a little overboard with explosive color wherever I could get away with it (and I hope I did in the first two snaps!).

Your comments are welcome!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow