GH2 noise data compared here on Dpreview

Started Nov 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,466Gear list
Like?
Re: Maybe GH2 review not so far away. - Yes soon we see it (nt)
In reply to David247, Nov 15, 2010

David247 wrote:

I know that DP Review had several cameras in queue for review before the GH2 but atd least this shows they are working on it. Will look forward to their final review when it comes out.

Like many others I think that for its sensor size the GH2 looks really good, and was glad to see some early RAW examples. Base noise is a little high but it seems workable across the range up to 3200 (depending on each photographers individual criteria) and 6400 may be suitable for some "emergency documentation" purposes. 12,800 seems mostly unusable but then in an extreme situation may get an important critical shot if viewed at reasonable sizes and not pixel peeped. Remembering of course that even in imperfect image can tell an important story.

Yes, when I have the money, the GH2 will be on my shopping list. It is the step up from the GH1 I was hoping for.

These cameras today are sooo much better then the digital cameras of just 8 years ago it is amazing when I got my first Olympus 2mpx UZI. And a world above the first 35mm film cameras I shot with 40+ years ago. Perspective is always relative, and nothing here that makes me shy away from the GH2. It will most likely meet my needs unless DP Review finds a serious Achilles Heel.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow