Started Nov 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greyser
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,734Gear list
Like?
the 6th Annual Photo Expo West show, San Diego (Del Mar), CA, US
Nov 14, 2010

Actually there were not too many excitements. The Pentax booth/table was tiny.

I held the 645D and K5 (both are ergonomically very comfortable) and shot DAL 35 F2.4 and DA* 300mm (first time actually :-)). Unfortunately there was not new 18-135mm present. The Pentax rep said that he never seen one himself. Also he said that DAL 35 F2.4 will not be available as a kit lens for K5 (no WR lens).

From the big guys there were Sony, Nikon, Canon, Leica, Tamron, and Sigma (along with Pentax, of course). Even Tamron and Sigma had a larger spots. When I asked about SP AF200-500mm F/5-6.3, the Tamron rep said that the company is working on bringing more Pentax mounted lenses now.

The Sigma guy was so excited when he realized that my K-x was wearing Sigma 10-20mm, that he asked me to wait and brought a nice Sigma baseball cap for me :-).

A few more pictures:
Topaz spot

master class

One of the Nikon's monsters (500mm F/4)

And finally my confession. I have to admit that I badly disfigured (virtually for now) one of the Nikons, sneakily attached to the Dodge Viper perfect body

That's all
SG

Greyser's gear list:Greyser's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow