Started Nov 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
RedFox88
Forum ProPosts: 22,021Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 is simply a better camera
In reply to Ashley P, Nov 13, 2010

Ashley P wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

The only ISO that the d7000 gives a noticeably better IQ is at 12800 which is a ridiculously high ISO that only really snapshooters will use for family events and such.

Actually, no, it won't be just snapshooters that'll use 12800. I'm looking at the D7000 for the reach crop gives over the D700. The event photography I do doesn't allow me to use flash and the environment is really low light. Low enough that the extra 0.5 EV that the D7000 has in the shadow range for its AF actually matters between getting an AF lock and not. The D700 has served me well in that reguard as well.

You may think that such ISOs are ridiculously high, but really it's about time that a crop camera has had these ISOs and still retained some degree of detail.

I cannot imagine a paid event photographer considering using ISO 12800! At best you'll get 600 pixel on the long side images for web sharing.

I don't know which lenses you now use, but you should consider some longish fast lenses (and cropping) such as the 200 f/2 IS/VR or 70-200 f/2.8 IS/VR or a cheaper option being a 100 f/2 or even a 135 f/2 instead of a ordinary lens that would be f/4 or f/5.6 at 200 or 300 mm.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhoaNew
YupNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow