Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...

Started Nov 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
Tony Beach
Senior MemberPosts: 4,666
Like?
Re: Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...
In reply to Richard Briscoe, Nov 13, 2010

Richard Briscoe wrote:

Tony Beach wrote:

Sensors have been very good now for some time, and for some photographers the durability and features of the camera are more important.

True, but people with a D300s, which has decent durability/features/etc, unless there is a significant improvement in the sensor. That is the point. If the sensor is the same as that of the D7000 and people have to wait a year for it to get into a "durable" body, that would indeed be disappointing.

It would certainly be aggravating. The thing is that Nikon would presumably upgrade the D300s body in much the same way that they upgraded the D90 body when they came out with the D7000.

I, for one, certainly hope that the D400 sensor will be a different one from that of the D7000 and will be significantly better.

Better would be nice, but I wouldn't expect miracles. I actually expect more advancement on the AF front, as the D7000 sensor is a nice improvement over the older 12 MP sensor, but if the D7000 AF system is still a near match for a "D400" AF system then that would truly be a disappointment for all those waiting for D300s replacement.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ETTRNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow