D7K: I'm scared with so many complains...

Started Nov 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 20,658Gear list
Like?
Re: Your location is Brazil...
In reply to ZionGates, Nov 13, 2010

Let me speak in your same blunt manner.

Sir, you do NOT have a clue about what you are talking about. Not a clue. I suggest you do some serious research. Let me suggest a starting point. Take a half hour and read ALL the replies on this post.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=36865167

These are folks that full understand what they are talking about. It's nice to have an opinion; better to have a highly educated one. By the way, I have both the D700 and D7000.

ZionGates wrote:

I just went to the store and tried the D7000 out with my own SD card and I also tried the D90 (both with the kit lens), want to know which was sharper ( I examined them on my PC )? The D90 was decisively sharper, NONE of the D7000 shots were sharp at all. And don't nitpick about the lens; the result are relative, if you use the sharpest af-fine tuned lens on a rock solid tripod the conclusion will be IDENTICAL.

The muddiness of the D7000 shots were NOT due to misfocusing issues (that was confirmed because there were ZERO sharp zones in front or behind the focus point).

The D7000 is PURE HYPE, Excellent Hardware and specs built around a SOFT sensor.

I have a lot of Respect for Mr Rockwell but I don't see why he did'nt report this flaw. The vast majority of users I think want to love the camera but the NEFS show the facts, the sensor is soft and the High ISO's are even SOFTER. Nikon blundered here folks.

This camera is a useless FLOP! It's true, I wanted one, I got a D700 instead, and I'm buying a D90 in a couple of weeks as a backup. Newer IS not necessarily better.

The choice is between 12 sharp mp or 16 blurry mp and High ISO

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow