Flat view
RRF
RRF
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Help! Mac Pro vs NEC MultiSync P221W Display SpectraView II
Nov 12, 2010

Hi,

Need some help/advice with Mac Pro 2.66 Quad-Core and NEC monitor P221W w/ SpectraView II. When I look at photos on the NEC monitor the colors are rather saturated, particularly when I convert an RGB mode photo to sRGB for the web. Colors also look more intense when I view the photos on this monitor on Flickr, etc. but when I view them on our Mac Book Pro the colors are less saturated and appear that way on Flickr as well. I calibrate the Mac Book Pro with an Xrite Eye One Display 2. I do my photo work on the Mac Pro but mainly use the laptop when I am online viewing photos on Flickr. Because of the difference I am seeing how do I know which one is correct? I find that if I don't leave the color a bit more intense than would be my taste then when I view the photos on the web via the laptop they look as though they are still in RGB even though the color mode is sRGB. (Hope that makes sense.) Right now I feel like I am just crossing my fingers, hoping the color comes out correctly and that doesn't feel like the best thing to do, I would like to find out if there is a fix.

I have an old Dell monitor that I am using just for palettes, etc. along with the NEC monitor and I'm not really worried about viewing color on it any longer. However, before the newer Mac Pro and NEC display, when I used the Dell with my old G5 the color on that screen and the laptop were much more closely aligned.

I found an article from Shutterbug Magazine online re this monitor and it suggested setting the Intensity in the Spectraview target setting at 90.0 cd/m2 to help avoid prints that are too dark. So that is the way I have it set. I am using Photo Editing-White Point D65-Gamma 2.20-Contrast Ratio Monitor Default. I work in RGB in Photoshop CS4 and if I am posting photos to the web or sending email I use Save for Web and Devices to prepare it for that purpose.

I'm no pro at any of this just muddling along as best I can so I could really use some help.

Thanks~

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow