Started Nov 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Beefy_SAFC
Regular MemberPosts: 436
Like?
Think I'm getting the FZ45 over the FZ100
Nov 12, 2010

I've had a really long think over the issue of a replacement for my FZ28. Over thae last few months, rather than pester people with remarks, I've decided just to see samples shots and other people's remarks and quietly make my mind up.

The main reason is I want the wide angle my smaller TZ7 gives me (25 mm as opposed to 28mm on the old FZ28), plus bags of zoom without resorting to conversion lenses (I find these a real nuisance, though I may keep my old Olympus TCON17).

Most important to me is image quality and here the FZ45 seems fairly similar to the older FZ38, both giving sharper images than the FZ100 especially at higher ISO. Battery life is also 20% better according to Panasonic's own figures

I know the FZ100 gives many more shots per second when in burst mode and this I gave serious consideration. However, image quality to me wins out and I concur with the odd comment that colour rendition on the FZ45 to my eyes seems closer to the real thing.

The flip screen looks good on the FZ100 (absent on the FZ45), but to me is not essential.

-- hide signature --

Ian (alias 'Beefy')
-----------------------------------------------
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tibet/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow