Started Nov 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sandy005
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Walk around lens - which one?
Nov 12, 2010

Hi all - I am new to the DLSR's. I just got my 60d this week along with a 50mm 1.4 lens - it was one they carried and Best Buy and all the positive reviews. So far I am loving this lens, I really love the blurry background. I also have a 430 ex -II Speedlite on it's way. I am torn on which walk around lens to get. I am tired of reading reviews so I hope you guys can help me my choice. I am using the 50mm for inside photo's of the kids. I will primarily being shooting the classic moments of family life - vacations, sports, holidays & school events. I don't have a " budget", but to spend a $1,000 on a lens scares me a bit. I don't want to buy and then regret not spending the extra for a great lens that will last.

So here is what I have been looking at:

28-135 mm IS USM- the reviews are all pretty consistent that it has pretty decent IQ and the price is right $400.

24-105mm f/4 L $1030 - pricey but I haven't heard anyone complain and another photo review site said this would be their walk around lens. The IQ is fantastic and it's a L lens! - This is the one I am leaning towards.

24-70 mm f/2.8L USM - $1220 - this is the highest priced and not quite sure about the fixed f/2.8. It also doesn't have IS and I will take any help I can get! I am also not sure if it will give me the zoom factor for distance shots.

I would love to hear your feedback. I am also open to any other lens suggestions.

Thanks much
Sandy

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow