Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...

Started Nov 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
Dan
Dan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,374Gear list
Like?
Re: What about the D7000?
In reply to Tony Beach, Nov 11, 2010

Tony Beach wrote:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to come out with a D400 before the D7000?

No

But isn't that the way they've always done it?

They introduced the D300, then they used its sensor in the D90, and everyone with a D90 could say that it performed like a D300.

perhaps Nikon will throw in something brand new [insert a big deal feature here: I'm still thinking maybe built-in grip

That would not be good. I really hope they don't make the camera bigger. If I want a camera with a grip, I'd buy the D3.

No, I think there's a reason Nikon updated the D300 to a D300s and upgraded the D3 to a D3s this last year, they wanted to hold their ground (even if only mostly in a symbolic way with the D300s) with those two models until they were ready for the full "D4/D400" upgrade.

The D3s got a huge improvement in high ISO performance. The D300s didn't get any improvement. They also introduced the D3x.

The D7000 does nothing to rain on that party, other than possibly drizzle a little on the sensor if Nikon uses the same one in the "D400," which is why I'm also thinking that the "D400" actually won't use the same sensor as the D7000.

They can do amazing things with software. Isn't that what they improved on the D3s?

Dan's gear list:Dan's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ETTRNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow