ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
satureyes
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Bowens or PW for triggers..
Nov 11, 2010

Hi all.
I'm looking to move into getting a decent setup for some portable studio work.

I have a couple of options but would love some pointers so I dont end up investing twice..

Calumet are offering a decent kit of 2x500 R bowens with the remote trigger (bowens own) and a soft box and umbrella..

and/or I wanted to use my 2x580EX guns in a really portable setup for quick shoots when I dont need a full strobe set..

The conclusion i've come to is that to get the 580's kitted up with the flex TTL system it would cost me almost as much as the calumet kit - BUT..

If I buy the Calumet kit (Bowens) then I will have their radio kit - and I really dont know if I should think about getting the Flex TTL and the cards for the lights - and then at least they will work with my 580's..

So.. am I wasting my time trying to get some decent setup with my 580's and a couple of stands/softboxes and using the PW TTL system and should I just throw caution to the wind and have some 'proper' strobes and learn how to master those for not much more money (providing I use the pulsar (bowens own) triggers?

Advice please!
--
feed | your | minds | eye
http://www.satureyes.com

satureyes's gear list:satureyes's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow