Started Nov 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,552Gear list
Like?
Canon 70 - 300 LIS test shots
Nov 10, 2010

the previous thread started by mjlamoon is now full and can't be added to so I've started this one as a place where those of us with the new lens can share our impressions and images.

I've been requested to post some images to a pbase gallery so here is the link:
http://www.pbase.com/oldcanon/canon_70__300_f4_f56_l_is_tests

I've put 3 images up from today, not the greatest and to be honest I've had a bit of a struggle with the conditions. Whilst it was bright it was incredibly directional and contrasty and the bulk of the birds seem to know this and come in from the sun!

My first impressions of this lens when shooting BIF are that it may not be quite as instsinctive to use as the 70-200 or 300 f4 LIS lenses (but then it was my first shoot with the new one compared to hundreds of shoots with the others).

It is able to resolve amazing detail at distance (I'll put a couple of Green Woodpecker images up that show this) and is certainly less tiring than the 300 F4LIS to hand-hold. This has to be a balance thing as there is only around 100g weight difference.

I'll top up the gallery later.

Still a happy user

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow