D7K: I'm scared with so many complains...

Started Nov 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
Peter v.d Werf
Contributing MemberPosts: 644
Like?
Re: D7K: I'm scared with so many complains...
In reply to spbStan, Nov 10, 2010

spbStan wrote:

What likely has happened in those first camera is the video and still pixel mapping lookup table writes are not the same and either there was a problem in the service alignment software or the recording. A service center should be able to map those out.

I was thinking in the same direction, as the issue (at least in my copy) is purely liveview/video related, not stills.

Overall there seems to be many more complaints from DPR members than other forums, possibly because it caters to a different sort of camera owner, gear heads who switch systems on whim and often never learn to fully utilize their old system to its best advantage.

Is this some kind of a personal grudge? It's not nice or just to generalize the complete audience of an entire forum like this. But you, also a poster of this forum, are of course the exception to the rule...;-) Please think before you post such statements...

Posts and opinions like this about new gear are not limited camera's and certain forums, even online or offline. It's happens with all new products, just a bit more with techy stuff:) After a while the dust settles and the info value goes back up.

The only thing you need to do is learn to read between the line and skip the trolls and bullshitters.

The same people are complaining now of soft images or AF problems etc with the D7000. Maybe it is just too much camera for them.

For some issues and posters I tend to agree with you on this one:) Some people could benefit from photography 101 before shouting that they can't get sharp images at 1/5 second handheld with a shallow DOF...

Other issues, like having bright pixels visible in every video frame, fall in another category. If you have a 101 for fixing this, I'd be very willing to learn...:)

To the OP: read other forums such as Nikonians.org to get a more informed view from people who really know Nikon.

Ehm, don't kid yourself:) It's the another forum, but just to find the same kind of threads and posts...:)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow