Started Nov 9, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChristopherH43
Regular MemberPosts: 124
Like?
Help from D7000 owners please
Nov 9, 2010

I need help from D7000 owners. On mine (which I only got a few days ago) of the 6 modes for AF I am having problems with the auto af mode. In every other mode the af is lightning fast and reliable and there are no problems. With the auto af on all three lenses I am encountering problems. It seems slow and when it lets me take a shot it then tries to re-focus and eventually goes all blurry and stops even trying to focus. I have to find a new subject (preferably a bright one) and then after a bit the af starts working again. When the auto af is causing a problem and not working properly then if I change to single point Af or one of the other modes then the af works fine with no problems on the same subject and light conditions.

So at this point I think it is faulty but I am new to DSLR's and as it is auto mode then perhaps it just struggles some times. I have tried to shoot different subjects and the problem remains and also does not happen each time.

I need other D7000 owners to tell me whether their auto af is slow or runs into trouble because if not then this camera has to be returned soon so I get a replacement rather than a warranty repair.

So to summarise - the auto af mode will allow me to take a shot but then immediately starts trying to re-focus and the viewfinder goes blurry and the af freezes and stops even trying to focus. If I switch to another af mode then the af is fast and accurate every time on the same subject. This problem does not always happen on my test subjects.

Thanks in advance.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow