Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...

Started Nov 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
eddyshoots
Senior MemberPosts: 2,174
Like?
Re: Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...
In reply to Robert Cohen, Nov 8, 2010

Robert Cohen wrote:

I haven't used the grip on my D300 (which I assume operates with grip very similarly to the D300s) all that much - I just don't find the need for it most of the time - but I've found it is pretty solid, much better than the grip on the D200 which I thought was much more wobbly.

That being said, when I use a heavy lens (my heaviest is the 70-200 VR) I always use the tripod collar, not the tripod screw on the bottom of the grip. But I would have used the tripod collar anyway, even if I wasn't using the grip.

I've not gotten that much into macro or landscape photography with any large lenses yet. But I do hand hold all the time with my 70-200 and I like to one-hand it if I'm holding a flash or reflector in my left hand. The last thing I need is an inferior connection at my one point of contact.

Try a used MB-D10. If you don't like it you can probably sell it for not much less than you're buying it for.

That's true. I do that with almost all of my gear anyhow.

-- hide signature --

eddyshoots

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ETTRNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow