Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...

Started Nov 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
Tony Beach
Senior MemberPosts: 4,996
Like?
Re: Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...
In reply to Phil_L, Nov 8, 2010

Phil_L wrote:

It [the MB-D10 connection to the D300?] is fairly flexible and not the most stable configuration, especially with a longish lens to exacerbate the problem.

When I had the MB-D200, I bought an L-bracket for the D200 that only worked on the D200. I always took the bracket off and put the MB-D200 on, or vice versa. I did that because I knew as soon as I looked at the connection between the battery grip and the camera that it would undoubtedly wobble some.

I could / should have used the tripod collar on the lens which may likely have solved the problem.

Partly, but see my responses both above (for lenses with no tripod collar) and below (for lenses with a tripod collar).

A possible work around is to use mirror lock up,

Of course, this is absolutely essential when doing high magnification, long lens, longer exposures, and when critical sharpness is desired.

Recommended anyway for sharp captures, but I would personally like to avoid the problem altogether.

I wouldn't get a third party grip!

I agree.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ETTRNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow