Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...

Started Nov 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
Robert Cohen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,243Gear list
Like?
Re: Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...
In reply to eddyshoots, Nov 8, 2010

Is it really that bad? I was just about to pull the trigger on a used one at Fred Miranda. But if the Nikon is truly crappy then I might as well just get one of the $60 third party grips.

I haven't used the grip on my D300 (which I assume operates with grip very similarly to the D300s) all that much - I just don't find the need for it most of the time - but I've found it is pretty solid, much better than the grip on the D200 which I thought was much more wobbly.

That being said, when I use a heavy lens (my heaviest is the 70-200 VR) I always use the tripod collar, not the tripod screw on the bottom of the grip. But I would have used the tripod collar anyway, even if I wasn't using the grip.

Try a used MB-D10. If you don't like it you can probably sell it for not much less than you're buying it for.
--
--Bob

Robert Cohen's gear list:Robert Cohen's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ETTRNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow