Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...

Started Nov 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
ScottRH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,623
Like?
Re: Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...
In reply to flashpixx, Nov 8, 2010

Not sure if you are trying to make some kind of premature conclusions here, but clearly an intergrated grip is not desirable by many many folks, incuding me - its a show stopper due to size.

flashpixx wrote:

Interesting series of responses to the article by Thom.

D300 replacement should be Nikon's flagship DX camera.

It should have the new DX sensor, a new AF module, an integrated grip, all the bells and whistles that fit with a flagship DSLR.

The D7000 is the model aimed at serious amateurs that don't want a bigger body.

There are many, many sports shooters and birders out there who are wanting an upgraded DX body with a grip to balance their 400mm plus lenses. They also want a faster AF module, and better high ISO performance (like is being touted with the D7000).

Just as members of this forum may not want a larger body, if you were to go to another forum you might find the opposite.

Looking at the D7000 I don't believe Nikon want it to be the flagship DX camera, there should be something more attractive to high end DX users - hence the D400 (sic). The FX arena is well served and I don't believe Nikon will give up the D300 style DX cam for an FX.

IMHO of course
--
Gordon

D300 + MB-D10, AF-S VR Nikkor 200-400 f/4G IF, AF-S 70-200 f2.8 VR1, AF-S 300 f4 D IF-ED, AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85 f3.5-5.6 G ED VR, TC-14EII, AF 50 f1.8 D, AF-S 35 f1.8 G.
http://www.flashpixx.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ETTRNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow