Started Nov 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DougLucas
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
[Set Shortcut key] and "Favorite" menu items
Nov 8, 2010

I just bought a G12 and I'm trying to learn to use it most effectively. Does anybody have suggestions as to the most crucial items we should assign to the [shortcut] key (upper left on the back) and the "My favorite" menu set (accessed by pressing the menu button then jogging over 2 clicks)? So far, I figured I'd set the [shortcut] key to AF lock. That setting is a hassle anywhere else, right? And on the "My Favorite" men set, I figured I'd at least put the setting to change the Image Stabilization ("IS"). That way I could quickly find it, for example, to change IS to "Panning" (so that's vertical IS only, so the camera won't fight against me trying to pan with a moving object). Do those settings make sense... and do they seem like some of the more crucial leftovers?

As for the front dial, I'm still trying to get used to it. Since I operate mostly from the "P" setting, am I understanding that it defaults to merely white balance adjustment normally? I see the chart in the [non-printed] owner's manual, but again -- I'm afraid I'm not using the front dial to the max.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give a newbie, just one day in to his new G12.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow