NEX battery not from Sony

Started Oct 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
e_dawg
Regular MemberPosts: 445
Like?
Re: NEX battery not from Sony
In reply to Dorje113, Nov 7, 2010

I highly doubt it's a genuine battery. I bought one from seller dacheng on eBay and the packaging looks perfect. I take out the battery and compare it with the one that came with the camera. Visually, it looks different, and it's a lot lighter. Put it in the camera. It doesn't fit snugly. I turn it on. Nothing. Only works if i push the battery further into the camera and turn it on does it work. Now i have to find a piece of rubber or something to put between the battery door and the battery so that the door can put pressure on the battery to hold it against the contacts.

I guarantee you this is not the only fake on eBay. There's probably a factory pumping them out by the thousands, and dozens of sellers are selling them as genuine Sony batteries on eBay.

Bottom line: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Why would Sony undercut their own dealers and sell stuff for less than half the price of MSRP? They go to great lengths to control their pricing and distribution of everything else. What makes you think that they dump batteries on the HK and China markets for distribution over eBay for 1/3 the cost? Unlikely.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow