Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...

Started Nov 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
RedFox88
Forum ProPosts: 21,183
Like?
Re: Thom's 2011 predictions are out and D400 is...
In reply to richardday, Nov 7, 2010

richardday wrote:

tyb wrote:

http://www.bythom.com/2011predictions.htm

The D7000 16mp sensor, but with faster frame rates (both still and video)
A new focus sensor, likely a derivative of the D4's
1080P/24/25/30, 720P/24/25/30/60
Hard core pro body (more gasketing, probably integrated grip)
Integrated GPS?
EN-EL15 battery?

I don't buy a higher pixels...

If it has an integrated grip or is any larger/heavier, I will stay with my D300s and maybe eventually downgrade to a D7k body or it's replacement in due time. It will take me around 8 years to reach 100k shots!

Maybe we will have clean ISO 6400 from a 24MP APS size sensor with 24 fps and a 500g fully weather sealed body by then - ROTFL!

EDIT

Having read all of the predictions, I cannot see Nikon making a different body for the D800 (no integrated grip) and the D400 (with integrated grip), the D700 was based upon the D300 size, I think that format will continue.

I also disagree with some of his predictions for the camera brands, I see them being very US-centric (not surprising really). To quote my local pro dealer here in the UK - "Pentax were in the doldrums during the last few years, now they are back with excellent bodies and a decent range of lenses, now it seems it's Olympus's turn".

Yes and he's pro-nikon so he should be expected to think negatively about "other" brands. It's just his guesses. Some will be right and some will be wrong.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ETTRNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow