Started Nov 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RightRudder
Senior MemberPosts: 2,355
Like?
A glimpse of Olympus' past
Nov 7, 2010

Occasionally I came accross user's references to Olympus' "OM" manual SLRs. I had no idea what they were talking about. And when someone wanted Olympus' current line of digital SLRs to be just like the "OM" system of the past - only digital - I didn't get that either.

I was clueless and had sort of a "whatever" attitude regarding "OM".
But I think I might just start to understand Olympus' past - a little.

Although I never used a film SLR, I ended up buying one (for various reasons) and now I have an OM-4T manual focus SLR and 50mm 1.4 OM lens.

This OM-4T is pretty amazing. A 135 format film SLR that, while mounted with an OM 50mm 1.4 lens, can fit into a (large) pocket! And it looks good and feels just right. It is almost like a jewel.

Maybe I now might just understand why the E-3 (and now E-5) some consider to be a departure from olympus "OM" SLRs of the past (like size, ergonomics, minimal but useful features, etc.)

Very cool this OM-4T really is.

(don't ask me how it works 'cuz i am still on my first roll of 35mm film [second one actually, if I was to count the first roll of film that i already managed to make useless ])

Photos of it (taken with E-3) in the reply.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow