Camera lost at repair station, i need advise !

Started Nov 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yonix
Regular MemberPosts: 425
Like?
Camera lost at repair station, i need advise !
Nov 6, 2010

My E-30 was broken and the local station where i live (Aloda, Israel) sent it to the Portugal Olympus station for repair.

I was informed by Aloda that the camera burn in an accident involving the truck that was transporting the camera and they'll do an exchange with a new camera.

I call the Portugal station. They don't know anything an accident. They don't have any record with my E-30 serial number (my camera serial) at the station and that i should call Olympus Israel (Aloda).

I called Aloda (Olympus Israel) to hear that in the end ii don't get a new camera but an expo camera from Europe and that's why i have to wait more to come to pick it up.

The guy on the phone, repair station manager, was not able and didn't want to tell me anything more than that.

The discussion was in a "this is like this and that's it" tone and none of my arguments (of course i suggest i'd prefer add some money and get an E-5) was receivable as the guy suggest i should be happy with this arrangement.

I try to convince myself that it is ok because i'm not ready to open a legal fight, but i have hard time to swallow the situation. I don't know what's an "expo camera" mean. I know that (this time) i was very careful with the camera, it was super-mint (not a single scratch) even if i don't know the attenuation number.

I though about calling Olympus Japan HeadQuarters.

What do you think i should do ?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow