Started Nov 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 29,593
Like?
A Possible Source for the Blur Issue, K-x and K-7
Nov 6, 2010

Hey Everyone, I know this isn't scientific but bear with me. I used the K10D and K20D and don't recall a SR blur issue, I also remember they took 0.6 sec to spool, I'll assume the same for the other Pentax cameras of the era (both no issue and spool up time). The K-7 and K-x seemed to have dropped the spool-up time to 0.58 sec, which sounds like a newer more efficient algorithm was implemented, however both the K-x and K-7 had intermittent blur issues at certain shutter speeds.

So far with the tests i've don with the K-5 it appears the SR spool up time is back up to 0.6 sec and nobody yet has found a SR blur issue, yes i know its still early.

could it be that the K-7/K-x generation of SR algorithm had a flaw that was never caught during initial testing?

I was talking with a real Pentax Tech recently about my K-x blur issue, he assured me that the power of the coils holding the sensor could not be overcome by the jolt of the shutter or mirror. I have no reason not to believe him. He has decided he will look for the issue on my K-x but will likely just perform a reset/re-alignment of the SR system on the camera and when i get it back it will be up to me to find out if that fixed the issue.
--
Mike from Canada

'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow