Started Nov 5, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
colorwg
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Frustration over the purchase of EF 70-200 IS II
Nov 5, 2010

Considering the price, it took me long time to pull the trigger. However, the frustration began the moment I got my hand on the lens. I ordered from Amazon about a week ago. When the lens finally arrived, before I mounted it to the camera, I just took off the caps on the both ends, and look through it to check out the glasses. What surprised me is this, when the zoom ring is turned to around 135mm, a speck can seen clearly; and it's inside of lens! The speck is roughly the size of a sesame; it's solid black.

Amazon offered me a replacement, free of everything (nice). The replacement arrived 2 days later. To my dismay, there are TWO specks @70mm on the 2nd copy. Although smaller in size, they are clearly visible.

What puzzled me even more is, the 2nd copy has NO date code (the date code of 1st one is UY0601). The 2nd one came with EF lens user manual CD while 1st one didn't. The series number of 1st copy has 6 digits; the 2nd one has 10 digits.

Please let me know your thought on this? Appreciate it.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow