Hot pixel on my D7000 during long exposure! What should I do??

Started Nov 5, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GaryLandShark
Regular MemberPosts: 151
Like?
Hot pixel on my D7000 during long exposure! What should I do??
Nov 5, 2010

Ok, I was very happy with the D7000 ever since I've got mine from BestBuy the day they have it in stock! I do think it's the best DX camera (at least) in Nikon's lineup at the moment.

However, I went for a sunrise photo shooting last Sunday with a couple of my friends. I'm noticing quite a bunch of hot pixel (red or white) during most of my long exposure shots (from 30s to 200+s)!! In my old D5000, I could hardly notice any, if at all. But the D7000? In some case, it's very unacceptable to me!! I'm talking about a couple DOZENS of hot pixel, not just a couple!!

I've attached a full size photo for you guys. Just look at the sky or the upper half of the photo! You don't even need to view at 100% to see it!

Now, I guess my real question is, what should I do? Should I contact Nikon USA? Or who else? And will they fix it? or exchange another one for me?

Again, I do like everything else the D7000 has offered! But I shoot mostly long exposure landscape/seascape photos, and with these much hot pixels is totally unacceptable for me!

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow