Started Nov 5, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rubicon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,630Gear list
Like?
35mm f2.0 &D700?
Nov 5, 2010

I'm having a "ball" using the 35 f2.0, used a 35 all the time in my film days, first a 35 series E, then a 35 2.0 ais, well I sold them, as I improved and used AF, zooms been on my mind to get another one, leaned strong towards the 35 Zeiss, but money, 35 1.4 wellll, in the future maybe, so I bought the Nikkor 35 D2.0, and wow the fun is returning using a prime, yesterday and today I had two zooms with me but I said no! lets get serious, and maximize the strength of the 35 prime,and I don't regret leaving the zooms in the car, foot zooming better.

Now I'm no computer whiz, but I put two of todays photos on flickr, my call is palmerb16, if you care to look! I'm not a super shutterbug, but it sure is theropy for day to day ills.

If you look? I'm a fair photographer, but shooting a prime in a serious way is habit forming, I wish I'd bought the 35 years ago, for me its my favorite prime, and just might keep it on the D700 for keeps? as for now thoughts of the 24 120 f4, went out the window for me, now maybe a 85???

Now please remember I still believe in zooms, but I'm spending more time with this prime.

Thanks to prime supporters, Rubicon:

rubicon's gear list:rubicon's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow