Started Nov 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 19,221Gear list
Like?
LX5 book for beginners/intermediate
Nov 3, 2010

Evidently this new book is about to appear on Amazon etc. It is a comprehensive introductory book about using the LX5 but is aimed at beginners and intermediate level users. Experienced users may not find much of interest unless they want a "reminder" book on how to handle some of the features.

Keep an eye on http://www.whiteknightpress.com/panasonic-lumix-lx5/index.html to see when it is finally available, the author assured me it was close to release.

My involvement was helping find typos and some suggestions to content, done as a free gesture, no financial reward involved. Of course I disagree with some Americanisms and the way the English language is mangled, but what the heck, it's his book!

So definitely recommended for beginners, to help avoid brain explosions caused by the awful Panasonic manuals. I learnt a lot about the camera during multiple reads despite that fact that I won't buy the LX5.

Regards.......... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +17 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow