ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oscardt
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
D7000 Autofocus Problem
Nov 3, 2010

Hi All,

I just received my D7000 body and am running into some autofocus problems. The camera autofocuses perfectly through the live view and its autofocus mechanism, but was always off when autofocusing normally. I reduced everything down to a centered single autofocus point on AF-S, ran through information I could find online, etc, and still the same issue. The same issue occurs on multiple lenses and to the same degree.

Anyway, through troubleshooting, I realized that the autofocus is off by a fixed amount no matter what the shooting situation is. The D7000 has an autofocus fine tuning feature and everything is great when I calibrate it to -12.

So technically, everything is good now. My question is: can I expect the best quality from this camera body despite that it came out of the box with this issue? In other words, is it reasonable that I had to make this change? I didn't know if this failure is indicative of bigger problems, or if it's totally normal and I can trust that this camera is OK. I haven't noticed any other problems so far, but don't want to realize them after my option to refund the item has passed

I got it from Amazon and they're sold out, so my only option is a refund. I'm on the fence whether or not to send it back and wait a long while for a new one, or live with this issue.

Any thoughts / opinions would be much appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow