Started Nov 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hinting
Contributing MemberPosts: 745Gear list
Like?
first hour with the CV 25mm 0.95 lens
Nov 3, 2010

I have just received the new CV 25mm 0.95 lens from the local distributor. There is 10 lenses in the first shipment in Australia and I was number 5. There is a long waiting list I was told, so it was good to pre-order.

The lens is 7cm long without hood, not much longer than the kit lens, accepts 52mm filter. It weights and feels soild. Very smooth focus ring and aperture ring with click stops.

Two features amazed me straight away:

1. the close focus of 0.17m. That's only 170mm close-up which I will call a perfect macro lens!

2. three quarters turn of focusing between 0.17mm-3m (that's already infinity!!). A lot of control in the close distance. Typical lens will reach 10m before infinity, so there is less control over medium-long distance selective focus, but everything will be in focus then.

The good bits:
Creamy bokeh and nice colour rendering
solid built like most other CV lenses
perfect macro lens with short close distance and fine-smooth control.
full coverage, minimum distortion or vignetting

The bad bits:

Colour fringes at 0.95 (similar to all the wide aperture lenses, like the Nikon 50mm F1.2). It is mostly gone by F1.4
bigger and heavier than expected

no electronics contacts. It will be nices to have focus confirmation or lens name...

Have to do some testing after work

I will do some testing with all my 25mm lens, and post them later. (Senko C-mount 25mm F0.95, Angenieux Paris 25mm F1.4, Bell&Howell 25mm F1.9)

hinting's gear list:hinting's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Leica M-Monochrom Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +49 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow