Started Nov 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aniramca
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
My Canon G7 suddenly won't work
Nov 3, 2010

My Canon G7 suddenly won't work. Could the battery be overcharged? Usually I wait until the battery almost died before I recharged it. But last night I need important assignment, and I wanted to make sure that it does not run empty (One of the this advantage of G7 is that it does not have a battery indicator, unless it is just about to run out). So, I charged the battery.

When I turned on this morning, it was rather sluggish. But I managed to take about a dozen photos. I checked the quality, and they are fine. But, when I turned it off, and I turn it on again, nothing moves. It is just simply "dead".

This camera never gave me any problem before. I used it a lot, but I never dropped it and always use it delicately. I am wandering whether I should call it quit or I should try to fix it.

Anyone has similar experience with a G7 or know what is the likely cause? I am not sure that perhaps the button to turn it on is not working properly?

Thanks for input/comments

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow