ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tcom
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,993Gear list
Like?
Two first shots with K-5
Nov 2, 2010

Hi

I picked up my K-5 yesterday evening. I wanted to take a few first shots with the camera this evening. But it is difficult to check what a camera is able to deliver, when it is nearly dark when leaving the office, and the cloud cover does not help in getting contrast in the landscapes.

I nevertheless tried to take a few shots, in rather bad light.

K-5, FA31, f/4, 1/60s, 500iso

not much to be said about this first shot, except that it is suprisingly noise free for 500iso

K-5, FA*400/5.6, f/5.6, 1/80s, 6400iso, handheld

Do not evaluate the details and sharpness on this shot. It was already quite dark and handhelding a 400mm lens with a shutter speed of 1/80s does not help.

I took the shot in DNG and converted it using Lightroom 3.2 with applying noise reduction parameters to get pretty easily a clean photo.

It is too early for me to draw any conclusions, but it does really look like Pentax made a huge step forward in high iso capabilities compared to the K-7.

tcom's gear list:tcom's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Pentax 645D Nikon D4 Leica M Typ 240 Pentax K-3 +24 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow