ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fotojo
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
What camera should I buy??????
Nov 2, 2010

Hi guys

I'm looking for a camera that is fairly cheap for a beginner-one who has left the compact behind and wanting an SLR that one can start using/manipulating (Manual focus) to capture some great shots. I'm interested in outdoors, flowers, close-ups, landscapes, professional looking black and white portraits to start getting my eye in.

I'm baffled by the prices, types, and specs. For example I've been looking at the Canon's 300D-550D and was wondering whether its best to buy a newer version i.e. the 550D rather than waste my money on say the 300D or 450D???

I hear its all about sensors now and that megapixels aren't necessarily the deciding factor... what senors size should i be looking for?

I've been comparing the fujifilm finepix HS10 with the Canon series (above) an it looks like a brilliant rival?? Although I'm a little concerned that the Canon's don't seem to have Image Stabilization. Another is that the lens that comes with the HS10 isn't a normal 18-55mm, (will this impede normal shooting or be a good lens for all round shooting??)

Should I be concerned about AA batteries rather than a Lithium battery??

Should I be having to spend a lot of money or are some cameras over-priced and a cheaper camera would do just as well???

I know I've asked a lot here but if anyone could answer my questions and inform me of other cameras that would fit my needs and why that would be much appreciated.

Cheers Guys

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow