Started Nov 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,554
Like?
NEX LCD in bright daylight vs
Nov 2, 2010

I'm researching my next small camera purchase (I'm mostly a Nikon DSLR shooter). I borrowed a friend's Panasonic LX3 for a few days ago and shot it along with some DSLRs with optical viewfinders.

I figured the LX3's high rez LCD would work adequately but it sure was a relief to then use the OVFs on my Nikons. With the LCD I'd sort of aim and catch a dim glimpse of the subject, with the OVFs the subject was bright and clear. But you all know about this type of comparison if you shoot with OVFs. It was just kind of unnerving switching back and forth.

So: how does the LCD on the NEX do in bright sunlight? Is there something magical about Sony's implementation that makes it work "better" than, say, the LX3 I was testing? I know all about composing with the LCD only (I have point and shoots with just an LCD and don't mind using them) but if the NEX is indeed DSLR-like in most all other aspects does it get frustrating after awhile not having an OVF?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow