Started Nov 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stevoo
Regular MemberPosts: 118
Like?
What made you choose Canon for ur DSLR?
Nov 2, 2010

Was it the name (i.e. reputation)? Was it your old powershot that you grew to love? Was it cuz it's what ur friends use? Is it cuz you heard they make good lenses?

Just curious b/c I see there are so many camera companies making dslrs nowadays that it's mind boggling the # of possibilities. For example, I was just flipping through a copy of photography mag and saw an Pentax k-x that supposedly performs well and looks good to boot (I like orange)
http://www.amazon.com/...ectronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1288674262&sr=1-13

I personally went with canon b/c:

1) back in the day, everyone around me had a powershot sx00 series camera and those things were awesome. I would borrow my brother's one my mother's cuz I lost my Nikon in my luggage on a trip to vegas (note to self... never leave electronics or jewelry in check in baggage).

2) moved up to a G9 because Canon dominated the hybrid market

3) when I went to dslrs (40d), I decided to stick w/ canon because it's a big name and I'd like to share the flash w/ the G9

Looking through the photography mag really made me want to just buy some different gear and experience what those other companies have to offer. Who knows... something else may really surprise me. But then again, maybe they have not so good glass.

What are your reasons for buying Canon?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
7DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow